REGULATION FOR ADMISSION :
Students must have reached the age of 4 years on or before the first day of the first term in Reception Class. These children will be admitted to the Reception Class depending on the readiness of the Learners. Admission for other classes shall be conditional upon availability of the place, the ability of the child and the readiness for a particular class in the opinion of the staff. The student should also be in good health. The school reserves the right of admission.
SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1.(a) All registered students are expected to report on the first day of the term. Failure to report within the first three days of the term will lead to the forfeiture of a place at the school. Parents who plan to take their children abroad should notify the school before their departure.
(b) Attendance at all classes (both morning and afternoon) is compulsory. All absenteeism must be accounted for in writing and parents must seek permission except in cases of emergency. Students should seek written permission before leaving school premises during school hours.
(c) All students are expected to be punctual for classes and school activities. A child who fails to be punctual will be given three letters of warming after which she/he will be asked to come with a parent. Habitual truancy will lead to suspension or expulsion.
2. All students are allowed to attend classes only if the tuition fees and other levies agree upon by the parent body have been paid prior to the beginning of each semester. Any outstanding amount for books or any other school property should have been paid. Fees will not be refunded to students on transfer.
3. All parents will be required to have purchased the prescribed books and stationery as indicated on the SUPPLIES LIST. Students who fail to purchase the books within the first week of the term will not be allowed to attend classes.
4. School uniform is compulsory for all school activities unless specifically exempted (as is proper clothing for P.E./Games). Students will be expected to wear the prescribed uniform and those without proper school uniform will not be allowed to attend school.
5. Wilful damage or defacement of school property is strictly forbidden. Culprits will be required to pay the cost of the repairs. They will be allowed to attend classes only after the appropriate payments have been made either repairts or replacements. Vandalism or theft of books, if brought to the attention of the authority will result in expulsion.
6. Any female studnet found to be pregnant will not be allowed to continue her studies during her pregnancy.
7. The following areas are out of bound during school hours :
The Headteacher’s Office (except for Prefects)
Staffroom, Bookstore and Staff Toilets
SRC Office block and University Students’ Halls of Residence.
The Library and the Science Laboratory may only be entered when a teacher is present.
8. Classrooms will be locked during morning break and the lunch hour to ensure proper safety of students’ property. Any student found entering out of bound areas without permission will be punished.
9. Students are expected to observe behaviour at all times and to refrain from any act of misconduct, such as, theft, vandalism, graffiti, use of progane language, bullying, assaulting, defying adults, drinking alcohol, taking drugs, carrying dangerous tools or any other unacceptable code of conduct. Violation of any of these will result in suspension or expulsion.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THE RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY LEAD TO SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION. PARENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO MEET THE GRADE TUTOR AND THE DEPUTY HEADTEACHER BEFORE THEIR CHILDREN CAN BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND CLASSES. NORMALLY, THREE LETTERS OR WARNING WILL LEAD TO SUSPENSION AND THREE INSTANCES OF SUSPENSION WILL RESULT IN TOTAL EXPULSION FROM SCHOOL.