- Download 62
- File Size 123.30 KB
- Create Date July 22, 2021
The National University of Lesotho
DEPARTMENT OF HISTORICAL STUDIES FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
POST NO. 1680
The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Professor/Associate Professor in the Department of Historical Studies. The Department offers majors in History, Environmental History, and Heritage & Cultural Studies.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered, applicants must have the following qualifications:
- A doctoral degree in History;
- At least 10 years of teaching History at University level;
- Proven track record of research and publishing with reputable publishers and/or in reputable journals;
- Proven track record of supervising postgraduate students;
- Candidates with ability to teach in at least two of the three majors offered in the Department will be given preference.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Supervise students’ projects and dissertations at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Participate in research and publication activities of the Department and the Faculty;
- Perform any other reasonable duties that may be assigned by the Department, Faculty, and NUL.
- The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Employment type
- Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals and three to four years (renewable) contract for Non – Locals.
- Information Required from Candidates:
- Application letters should state relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine their suitability for the position.
- They should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for.
- Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates,
- Provide names and contact details of three professional references.
- Application letters and references should bear signatures.
- Certified copy of an Identity document
- Closing date for receiving full applications for the positions above is 13th August 2021
- ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
- DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.