- Download 88
- File Size 116.58 KB
- Create Date September 28, 2021
LIBRARY ACCESS ASSISTANT
THOMAS MOFOLO LIBRARAY
POST NO: 3445
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the positions of Library Access Assistants at the National University of Lesotho.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Diploma in Library and Information Studies
- Working experience in an academic library environment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working at the circulation desk, charging and discharging print and non-print materials using an automated system
- Answering user inquiries regarding availability of specific items and their status, as well as status of specific collection material following established guidelines
- Answering routine inquiries and referring users/clients in need of professional assistance to librarians
- Maintain the reserved collection materials
- Shelving, shelf-reading, retrieving and shifting library materials
- Assisting in the preparation and implementation of library orientation
- Assisting in general library duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to a high level of customer care
- Ability to sustain attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff and co-workers as well as to deal patiently, tactfully and effectively with student user population and other library users
- Knowledge of standard library organization, policies, regulations and procedures
- Required to take weekends, evenings, public holidays and examinations week shifts
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for Locals, and two years Contract for Non-Locals
Information Required from Candidates
- Application letters should state relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position.
- Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
- Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts.
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) professional referees
- Certified copy of an Identity Document
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 22nd October, 2021.
The applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.