- Download 279
- File Size 309.23 KB
- Create Date November 1, 2021
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (AA)
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the varying administrative and academic units of the University. This is an entry point position for University administration.
- Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs and monitors administrative activities, ensuring compliance with administrative procedures, policies, rules, regulations and statutes;
- Reviews the efficiency of administrative procedure within the service unit and recommends improvements
- Services a variety of Committees of the University as required;
- Provides necessary support to key services including admissions, registration, records, examinations and graduation;
- Assists in procuring, storing and providing records to relevant bodies of the University;
- Maintains confidentiality, security, and safety of office documents;
- Manages physical and electronic records in collaboration with the relevant supervisors;
- Assist with the verification of academic records and provide information to relevant stakeholders as guided.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
2.1 Knowledge of administrative functions necessary to support the operations of the University;
2.2 Competence in the use of computers for the maintenance of student data, customer information, and/or similar office activities;
2.3 Ability to prepare reports, memoranda and correspondence related to work assignments;
2.4 Ability to determine the need to revise procedures and instructions and to draft changes;
2.5 Ability to assess work situations accurately and to take prompt, effective action;
2.6 Ability to compute mathematic data required for management decisions;
2.7 Good oral and writing skills;
2.8 Ability to maintain good working relationships with others;
2.9 Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness, identify discrepancies and make corrections.
- Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration or Education.
- Three (3) years’ relevant experience in administration in established institutions or organisations.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Type of employment:
Permanent and pensionable terms of service
- Information Required from Candidates:
- Application letters should state relevant qualifications, experience and any other information relevant to the position.
- Applicants should quote the post number for the position applied for.
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae (including telephone, and e-mail), certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts.
- Certified copy of identification document (passport / national ID).
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) professional referees (current or previous Employers, Lead Consultants or Project Managers).
- Application letters should bear
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing date for receiving full applications is 11th November, 2021.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.