- Download 564
- File Size 311.09 KB
- Create Date July 12, 2021
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LESOTHO
ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATOR (AA)
POSTS NO’s 0416, 0471 & 0850
The Assistant Administrators provides administrative support to the varying administrative and academic units of the University. This is an entry point position for University academic administrators.
- Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs and monitors administrative activities, ensuring compliance with administrative procedures, policies, rules, regulations and statutes;
- Services a variety of Committees of the University as required;
- Provides necessary support to key services including admissions, registration, records, examinations and graduation;
- Assists in procuring, storing and providing records to relevant bodies of the University;
- Maintains confidentiality, security, and safety of office documents;
- Manages physical and electronic records in collaboration with the relevant supervisors;
- Assist with the verification of academic records and provide information to relevant stakeholders as guided.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
2.1 Knowledge of administrative functions necessary to support the operations of the University;
2.2 Competence in the use of computers for the maintenance of student data, customer information, and/or similar office activities;
2.3 Ability to prepare reports, memoranda and correspondence related to work assignments;
2.4 Ability to determine the need to revise procedures and instructions and to draft changes;
2.5 Ability to assess work situations accurately and to take prompt, effective action;
2.6 Ability to compute mathematic data required for management decisions;
2.7 Good oral and writing skills;
2.8 Ability to maintain good working relationships with others;
2.9 Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness, identify discrepancies and make corrections.
- Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration or Education.
- Three (3) years’ relevant experience in administration in established institutions or organisations.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Type of employment:
Permanent and pensionable terms of service
- Information Required from Candidates:
- Application letters should state relevant qualifications, experience and any other information relevant to the position.
- Applicants should quote the post number for the position applied for.
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae (including telephone, and e-mail), certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts.
- Certified copy of identification document (passport / national ID).
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) professional referees (current or previous Employers, Lead Consultants or Project Managers).
- Application letters should bear
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing date for receiving full applications is 23rd July, 2021.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.