- Download 36
- File Size 484.87 KB
- Create Date January 28, 2022
DEPARTMENT OF NUTRITION
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of a Laboratory Demonstrator in the Department of Nutrition.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutrition and must have obtained at least a Second Class Second Division or its equivalent.
Applicant must be proactive, ready to uphold the department’s standards for professionalism, good interpersonal skills, communication skills and laboratory experience value.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Supervise undergraduate laboratory sessions in Nutrition courses.
- Monitor student’s adherence to laboratory safety rules and practices.
- Organize the laboratory and coordinate work space to allow for smooth, efficient service operations.
- Train students to perform laboratory tests to improve their knowledge and competence and train students in quality management systems and safety.
- Occasionally administer laboratory assessment, tests and examinations.
- Accurately evaluate needs for equipment, suppliers and reagents taking into consideration past patterns, present trends, and future plans.
- Monitor record keeping and documentation.
- Perform routine laboratory tests for food testing.
- Develop and maintain systems to control and distribute current SOP’s in accordance with testing policies.
The appointment will be on Permanent and pensionable for locals, subject to completion of probation.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Information required from candidates
- Application letters should state relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine their suitability for the position.
- They should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for.
- Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates,
- Provide names and contact details of three professional references.
- Application letters and references should bear signatures.
- Certified copy of an Identity document
Closing date for receiving full applications for the positions above is 4th February, 2022.
All the applications should be emailed to email@example.com
NB. ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.