- Download 48
- File Size 158.15 KB
- Create Date January 28, 2022
The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Clinical Supervisor in the Department of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences.
|New post||Clinical Supervisor-General nursing and midwifery||Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences||National University of Lesotho
1.0 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A Registered Nurse-midwife who holds Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing and Midwifery, Bachelor of Nursing Science or equivalent.
- Experience in clinical supervision / preceptorship / mentorship of nursing students for a minimum of two years.
- Be registered with Lesotho Nursing Council (attach copy of current licence).
- Clinical supervision / preceptorship / mentorship at University level will be an added advantage
- Membership to a professional association will be an added advantage.
2.0 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates and teaches patient care in the skills laboratory and clinical units to nursing students
- Instructs students in principles and application of physical, biological, and psychological subjects related to nursing.
- Oversees all activities of patient care and ensure optimal level of care in clinical setting and participate in various education programs and ensure compliance to all lesson plans.
- Takes part in the development of students’ placements schedules at various clinical and hospital facilities and institutions
- Conducts and supervises laboratory work.
- Prepares and administers OSCE examinations, evaluates student progress, and maintains records of student clinical experience.
- Collaborates with academic programmers and facilitate all post conferences on clinical training.
- Participates in curriculum planning, teaching schedules, and subject outlines for all clinical courses.
- Provide consultation to various nurses for nursing education programs
- Trains and provides feedback to all nursing students to ensure optimal quality of work.
- Procures and manages inventory on consumables and equipment to ensure that they are made available for students to undertake their skills practical sessions.
- Ensures that consumables and equipment are in good working condition and used efficiently for the benefits of students during practical sessions.
- Protects and takes care of the laboratory equipment by ensuring that the students adhere to the standard operating procedure in the laboratories.
- Develops and maintain good professional relations with students and employees of the University and nursing schools and participate in all processes.
3.0 REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Good and effective communication skills
- Computer Skills (Microsoft excel, word, publisher, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Possess preceptor skills
- Willingness to travel and to work outside normal hours, where required.
- Keep up to date with current developments in nursing practice and education.
- Ability to manage own workload effectively while being flexible to new demands.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Type of employment:
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for Locals, and Two Years’ Contract for Non-Locals with a possibility of renewal.
Information Required from Candidates:
- Application letters should state relevant qualifications, experience and any other information relevant to the position.
- Applicants should quote the post number for the position applied for.
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae (including telephone, and e-mail), certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts.
- Certified copy of identification document (passport / national ID).
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) professional referees (current or previous Employers, Lead Consultants or Project Managers).
- Application letters should bear
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing date for receiving full applications is 28TH February, 2022.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.