- Download 89
- File Size 268 KB
- Create Date January 14, 2022
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
The National University of Lesotho through the department of Mathematics and Computer Science (MACS) offers the following degrees: BSc. Information Systems, BSc Computer Science, BEng Computer Systems and Networks (with Cisco Certification Programme: CCNA 1, 2, 3 and 4) and general BSc. Computer Science double major with subjects like Mathematics, Statistics and Physics.
From 2019, NUL MACS is collaborating with ICAP at Columbia University as Strategic Information (SI) Project subgrantee. ICAP is an international non-profit organization currently operating in Lesotho. This collaboration aims to support Lesotho Ministry of Health to strengthen its Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) to collect, analyze, and use high-quality health information for evidence-based programming. The collaboration is funded under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR cooperative agreement) through the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The below vacancy is available at NUL, specifically for the NUL/ICAP SI project.
Position title: Personal Assistant
Reports to: NUL SI Project Coordinator
Number of positions: One (1)
Location: Roma, Lesotho
Overall Job Function
The Personal Assistant will be stationed at the SI project office at NUL campus, Roma. The Personal Assistant will be responsible to provide administrative support for the seamless execution of routine project activities and facilitate communication between NUL project office, ICAP as well as with other stakeholders and/or partners.
In accordance with NUL Strategic Information (SI) project operational plans and under the direct supervision of the project coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for the following activities:
- Provide administrative support to the project coordinator and other team members by maintaining office supplies, equipment inventories and managing communications.
- Assist the project coordinator by closely managing the project calendar; build meeting agendas, send invites, document, and archive meeting minutes
- Execute all administrative tasks for the project.
- Organize travels (accommodation bookings, transport, etc.) per the anticipated the needs of the project coordinator and other team members.
- Assist with the maintenance of project reports and related operational documents, best practices documents, conference presentations, published articles, trainings reports, among others.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor.
- Diploma in Business Management or Business Administration or Secretarial Studies or a related discipline.
- Must have minimum of 2 years’ experience in office administration-related work.
- Ability to work with stakeholders, including leaders, technical professionals, government and non-government representatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability.
- Highly organized with a high level of attention to detail and strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office package software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to demonstrate a positive outlook while interacting with other team members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for all project-related issues.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
One (1) year contract. This contract is renewable contingent on performance and funding availability.
Information Required from Candidates:
- Application letters should state relevant qualifications, experience and any other information relevant to the position.
- Applicants should quote the post number for the position applied for.
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae (including telephone, and e-mail), certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts.
- Certified copy of identification document (passport / national ID).
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) professional referees (current or previous Employers, Lead Consultants or Project Managers).
- Application letters should bear signatures.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing date for receiving full applications is 26TH January, 2022.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
NB: ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.