- Download 38
- File Size 89.59 KB
- Create Date April 20, 2022
POST NO: 1600
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
For consideration, applicants must hold the following qualifications:
- A PhD in English Language and/Linguistics.
- At least 6 years of teaching English Language and /Linguistics at university level.
- Applicants should be able to teach a broad range of courses from Undergraduate to Postgraduate levels.
- Applicants should show strong evidence of publications in refereed and accredited journals.
The successful applicant will be required to play an active role in building the Department, taking the lead in developing new areas of activity when required, and contributing to the Department, the Faculty and the University-wide activities. He or she will be expected to be actively involved in grant applications, have a clear research and publication strategy and be willing to contribute to projects that complement the Department, Faculty and University’s research and knowledge-transfer activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels;
- Supervising Undergraduate and Postgraduate dissertations;
- Participating in the research programmes of the Department/Faculty/University;
- Carrying out teaching and conducting research in his/her field of expertise, and performing any other duties as may be required by the Department;
- Assuming administrative duties if required to;
- Doing any other reasonable duties appropriate to the post.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for Locals, and three/four years’ Contract/gratuitable for Non-locals with a possibility of renewal.
Information required from candidates
- Signed application letters stating relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
- Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail contact details) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts;
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) contactable professional referees;
- Certified copy of an Identity Document.
All applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to:
Director Human Resources
National University of Lesotho
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 20TH May, 2022.
ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful