- Download 46
- File Size 127.34 KB
- Create Date January 24, 2022
POST NO: 1600
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
For consideration, applicants must hold the following qualifications:
- A PhD in English Language and/Linguistics.
- At least 6 years of teaching English Language and /Linguistics at university level.
- Applicants should be able to teach a broad range of courses from Undergraduate to Postgraduate levels.
- Applicants should show strong evidence of publications in refereed and accredited journals.
The successful applicant will be required to play an active role in building the Department, taking the lead in developing new areas of activity when required, and contributing to the Department, the Faculty and the University-wide activities. He or she will be expected to be actively involved in grant applications, have a clear research and publication strategy and be willing to contribute to projects that complement the Department, Faculty and University’s research and knowledge-transfer activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels;
- Supervising Undergraduate and Postgraduate dissertations;
- Participating in the research programmes of the Department/Faculty/University;
- Carrying out teaching and conducting research in his/her field of expertise, and performing any other duties as may be required by the Department;
- Assuming administrative duties if required to;
- Doing any other reasonable duties appropriate to the post.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for Locals, and three/four years’ Contract/gratuitable for Non-locals with a possibility of renewal.
Information required from candidates
- Application letters should state relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine their suitability for the position.
- They should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for.
- Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates,
- Provide names and contact details of three professional references.
- Application letters and references should bear signatures.
- Certified copy of an Identity document
Closing date for receiving full applications for the positions above is 21st February, 2022.
All the applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.