- Download 0
- File Size 40.00 KB
- Create Date May 24, 2022
DEPARTMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
POST NUMBER: 1711
The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Doctoral degree in Philosophy. A minimum of five years teaching experience at tertiary/university level is essential and a proven track record of scholarly research and publications. A candidate should have experience on supervision at postgraduate level and provide evidence of scholarly research and publications.
• Preference would be given to candidates who would teach courses in Political Philosophy and Logic.
• Ability to teach Applied Ethics courses will be considered an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The successful candidate will undertake teaching at the undergraduate and post graduate levels;
• Supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate students’ research projects;
• Initiate/or participate in research and seminar programmes in the Department; and
• Perform other duties including administrative, as would be required of him/her by the department from time to time.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for locals, and Two Years Contract for Non-Locals with a possibility of renewal.
The University offers salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM CANDIDATES:
- Signed application letters stating relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
- Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail contact details) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts;
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) contactable professional referees;
- Certified copy of an Identity Document.
All applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to:
Director Human Resources
National University of Lesotho
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 15th June, 2022.
ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful