- Download 31
- File Size 125.22 KB
- Create Date March 17, 2022
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology
Faculty of Science and Technology
Post No. 2033
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for one position of Laboratory Demonstrator in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology.
Minimum qualification requirement is a BSc in Chemistry or BSc in Chemical Technology with a Second Class, Second Division degree classification and a strong background in Chemistry. The prospective candidate should possess adequate knowledge in Chemistry to be able to undertake preparations and set up for laboratory experiment without supervision and supervise laboratory sessions. Work experience as a demonstrator in a chemistry laboratory will be an advantage.
- Making preparations for laboratory sessions and setting up for laboratory experiment without supervision.
- Supervising students during laboratory sessions
- Invigilating tests and examinations
- Marking students’ laboratory reports, assignments and test scripts.
- Attending tutorial sessions
- Laboratory housekeeping and handling equipment
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for Locals, and Two Years’ Contract for Non-Locals with a possibility of renewal.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM CANDIDATES
- Signed application letters stating relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
- Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail contact details) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts;
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) contactable professional referees;
- Certified copy of an Identity Document.
All applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to:
Director Human Resources
National University of Lesotho
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 31st March, 2022.
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.