- Download 466
- File Size 269.43 KB
- Create Date May 11, 2022
ASSISTANT SYSTEMS LIBRARIAN/TRAINEE SYSTEMS LIBRARIAN
Post No. 3415
THOMAS MOFOLO LIBRARY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Systems Librarian/Trainee Systems Librarian at the National University of Lesotho.
- BSc in Computer Science/Information Technology or BA in Library and Information Science with flair in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
- A minimum of two years’ post-qualification experience in an academic library
- Competent in ICT tools, practices, and their applications in a digital library environment
- Familiarity with the Library System, including the management of Integrated Library System (ILS) preferably Millennium Package/Sierra plus ITS interfaces
- Demonstrate ability to manipulate social media devices for the benefit of NUL library users
- Understanding of digital library operations.
- Under the supervision of Head of Department propel the development of NUL Digital Library
- Manage the Library database and maintain its Website
- Participate in ICT related policy formulation, revision and implementation in all sections of the library
- Advance the ideals of Open Access movement, Institutional Repository and, Open Education Resources (OERs)
- Prepare regular training and development programs for library staff members.
- Instruct and meet the technical needs of library users and staff in technology and equipment use.
- Take part in Information Literacy lessons offered to learners, lecturers and researchers
- Work closely with other relevant NUL structures to ensure troubleshooting and a comprehensive, as well as harmonious provision of a library and information service campus-wide
- Keep abreast of current and rapidly changing technological field.
- Subject Librarian, interact with relevant faculties/departments effectively
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
The University offers salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for Locals, and Two Years Contract for Non-Locals with a possibility of renewal.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM CANDIDATES
- Signed application letters stating relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
- Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail contact details) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts;
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) contactable professional referees;
- Certified copy of an Identity Document.
All applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com and addressed to:
Director Human Resources
National University of Lesotho
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 20TH May, 2022.
ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful