- Download 33
- File Size 254.76 KB
- Create Date April 7, 2022
SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER IN HORTICULTURE
Post No. 3723
DEPARTMENT OF CROP SCIENCE
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Horticulture.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A PhD in Horticultural Sciences, or any related discipline;
- At least five years of teaching experience at tertiary level for a Senior lecturer and three years for Lecturer
- Proven track record of supervising postgraduate research students;
- Proven track record of research and publishing with reputable publishers, and in accredited journals;
- Applicants are required to teach a broad range of Horticulture/Pomology/ courses at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Applicants must be willing to mentor junior members of staff in research and publication;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching a variety of courses in Horticulture/Agronomy at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in a typical Department of Crop Sciences.
- Assist in the development, diversification and launch of new programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Supervise undergraduate research projects and postgraduate dissertations
- Participate in the research programs of the Department/Faculty.
- Carry out teaching and conduct research in his/her area of expertise;
- Assume administrative duties if required to.
- Perform any other duties as would be required from time to time by the Head of Department of Crop Science.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for Locals, and Two Years Contract for Non-Locals with a possibility of renewal.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM CANDIDATES
- Signed application letters stating relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
- Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail contact details) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts;
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) contactable professional referees;
- Certified copy of an Identity Document.
All applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com and addressed to:
Director Human Resources
National University of Lesotho
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 6TH May, 2022.
ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful