- Download 35
- File Size 72.83 KB
- Create Date July 21, 2022
Post No.: 2250 Laboratory Technician
The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of a Laboratory Technician, Post No. 2250 in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology in the Faculty of Science and Technology.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
Minimum qualification requirement is a Diploma in Laboratory Sciences Technology with emphasis on Chemical Sciences. Candidates with BSc in Chemical Sciences maybe considered. Experience as a laboratory technician in a chemistry laboratory in a university or an equivalent institution of higher learning will be an advantage.
The prospective candidate should possess adequate knowledge in Chemistry to be able to undertake laboratory preparations without supervision and be able to assist students in the laboratory when required. The candidate must have adequate technical knowledge to be able to troubleshoot and undertake minor repairs of laboratory equipment/instruments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Making preparations and setting up for laboratory sessions and supervision during laboratory sessions when required
- Laboratory housekeeping and handling equipment and minor maintenances of laboratory instruments
- Keeping inventory of chemicals and laboratory equipment.
- Ordering of chemicals, glassware and laboratory equipment.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate to the advertised post.
This position is a contract post for an initial period of two years with the possibility for renewal.
Information Required from Candidates
- Signed application letters stating relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
- Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail contact details) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts;
- Provide names and contact details of three (3) contactable professional referees;
- Certified copy of an Identity Document.
All applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com and addressed to:
Director Human Resources
National University of Lesotho
Roma 180 – LESOTHO
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 8th August, 2022.
ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES, & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT